Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Don't Like Being Sick

Very rarely do I ever get sick, but when I do, look out. The doctor told me I had the stomach flu, now wonder I was feeling so lousy. Today I'm feeling better, I wouldn't say 100% but at least 90%.
The time that I've spent in bed though has allowed me to think and contemplate some things. The biggest thing I've been thinking about is overcoming! First of all to overcome this sickness. I realize that there are blessings waiting for me, but I can't get to them until I've overcome this sickness. You see, I have two precious blessings from God that are waiting for me to reach out and take hold of them, but I can't because I'm sick and don't want them to catch what I got.

If we can realize that there are blessings that cannot be contained waiting for us to laid hold of them, then maybe, just maybe we will fight harder to overcome those things that would keeps us from them. You see I really want to hold my babies, which I consider blessings, so therefore I will fight to overcome.

Just a thought!!!

1 comment:

Henry Haney said...

Glad you're feeling better Pastor Troy. Have a blessed weekend and hope you feel good enough to preach on Sunday!

-Henry