Monday, March 26, 2007

DAY 8

After spending time in the Word and the Presence of God, I sit here on day 8 of 40 with a very deep concern for those who stand behind a pulpit (including myself). Tonight I heard concern in the Lord’s voice as He spoke to me. The Lord told me that there are many who are preaching an incomplete gospel, and I’m being some what polite about this, but His exact words were “ a watered down or compromised gospel”. For so long the church in North America has preached a salvation message based just telling the people enough to get them saved and make them feel good about themselves, but it has been a half truth. We tell them they need to get saved to get into heaven and avoid hell, but that’s as far as we tend to go because we don’t want to offend anyone. The numbers game comes into play again.
The Lord shared with me this point, “though many say the sinner’s prayer they are saved in name only not in deeds. I don’t just judge based on what name is written in the book, but I also judge those names by their deeds. Did I not speak through James that faith without works is dead and that man is justified by their works. What about my servant John when he preached these words “prove by the way you live that you have really turned from your sins and turned to God.” All will be held accountable for the words that they speak, but even more so will my servants be held accountable for the words that they don’t speak. Woe to the shepherds who lead my sheep astray. Do not fear man for what can man give or take away from you, but fear Me for I have the power to say “well done” or “depart from me”

I encourage and exhort you tonight, if you stand behind a pulpit do not “water down” the message just because you worry that someone might get offended, preach the FULL gospel. Souls depend on it!!

No comments: